A big Grazie, Danke, Merci & Thanks to Juliet Greenwood for nominating me for a Liebster Award when I’m such a newbie to this blogging thingy. In only a week, I have read multiple wonderful pieces, been delighted by so many designs of people’s blogs and intrigued by everyone’s individual stories. It’s widened my world, and I love that.
I enjoy reading what people think, finding out what issues concern them and getting a taste of their fiction writing. All of it is quite impressive.
As I understand it—and it’s all a bit vague, cuz, like, where did this all start? Germany makes sense—as “liebster” means “dear,” from the verb “lieber” [to love]. The Liebster Foundation? I have no clue, but it’s a great idea—these are the Liebster Award rules:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Copy & Past the award onto your blog.
4. Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award.
5. Inform them of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here Are My Nominees:
1. Emily Kennedy has a great piece titled I Don’t Vote for the Party, I Vote for the Person. Anything political and ya got me. emilykennedyauthor.com. And, yummy recipes, too.
2. Jeff Silvey was the first person to read and comment on my blog and he has an interesting, fun and thoughtful blog called Five Things At Once, the daily ups & downs of a stay-at-home-dad.
3. Amy LeBonte at 3to9travels, because I enjoy her writing and love her playful and arresting header that she created.
4. Michael Ann Riley posted the laugh-out-loud article Watch Your Language! and being someone who can swear like a sailor (in the right company, of course. I was brought up with manners!). And, I love the name of her blog: Thinking In My Head, Ma (!).
5. A woman in Portland, Oregon has a fascinatingly, visually moody blog Reality Space. I loved her piece on “Extreme Ironing.”
Thanks again to Juliet. Everyone who reads this, please check out these other blogs, and remember, subscribe! Cuz we all need the love. Have a great weekend!